HGV Class 1 Driver – Tramping & General Haulage (Days & Nights)
Full & Part Time Flexible Opportunities available for HGV Drivers.
Responsible to: Transport Manager
We are a forward thinking haulage business looking full and part time employees for both class 1 and 2 driving.
We have opportunities for drivers who may only be available to work 1, 2 or 3 days or nights during a week so we currently have flexible contracts available. Please contact us for further information.
We are located in both Southampton and Eastleigh so please call us for further information as this is a fantastic opportunity to work for a major Haulage company. Meacher’s is one of the leading independent logistics providers of international freight and transport services in the UK.
Your application is important to us and if selected will arrange for you to meet the transport manager at the relevant depot and you will be invited to take an assessment.
Whether you are a relatively new driver or you are a long standing experienced driver, as long as you have the relevant skills and licences all drivers are welcome to apply for these roles.
Excellent communication skills and a fluency in English will be required as you will be in constant communication with our client’s customers and also other members of internal teams. It is essential you have the ability to demonstrate the highest level of professionalism at all times both internally and externally.
You must hold a British driving license, a valid CPC and Digi card and have no more than 6 points on your license with no previous DR or DD endorsements.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Supervise the loading of the vehicle so that products are safely loaded and secured to minimise chances of damage
- Ensure with the Loader that the load is correct against the customers’ orders and documentation
- Ensure that on arrival the delivery is safe to make and respect customer’s property; if in doubt, consult with customer and/or Traffic Office, and use disclaimers if necessary
- Check goods off with Customers and obtain signature and printed name
- If any errors exist mark documentation accordingly and consult with Traffic Office as appropriate
- Provide excellent customer service
- Handle customer issues on delivery effectively and avoid getting over involved in discussion. Contact Traffic Office for assistance as required
- Carry out deliveries in a timely and safe manner
- Drive the vehicle safely and in accordance with the law and SSOW
- Drive within the tachograph law and driver hours limits
- Look after the vehicle and ensure that it is not subjected to unnecessary damage
- Maintain the cleanliness of the driving cab
- Comply with fuel directives from the traffic Department
- Ensure you comply with all of the company SSOW
- Report any accidents immediately and in compliance with the company’s accident reporting procedure
- Complete vehicle daily inspection sheet and return to the traffic office