Join our talented team
Meachers Global Logistics are always looking to grow our team – any positions that become available will appear here.
We currently have the following positions available:
Warehouse Operative / Administrator
Duties will include, but not exhaustive:
- Processing client orders accurately through the warehouse management systems
- Picking orders – boxes up to 15kg
- Despatching orders via carrier management systems
- Liaising with a demanding clients via email and telephone
- Receiving and booking in deliveries
- Inventory management
- Re packing orders
- Maintaining a clean and tidy environment
- Other duties include covering for colleagues in the transport office
- Previous warehouse, stock control and good administration experience
- WMS/Carrier management experience
- Excellent customer services – must be able to build relationships internally and externally quickly
- Able to multi task
- Good IT skills
- Some transport experience would be beneficial
- Good health and safety awareness
- A fork lift licence (combi or counterbalance would be an advantage)
- Outgoing and friendly
- Flexible in working hours and duties
- Ability to work on your own and within a small close team
- ‘Can do’ attitude
- Ability to think quickly, make decisions and problem solve
Full training will be given
Full time position Monday to Friday, flexible hours to cover other areas of the operation including warehouse and transport
Circa £22k per year Depending on experience
Preferably own transport and local to DE21
HGV Driver – General Haulage
Job Title: HGV Drivers Class 1 (Day’s & Nights Available)
Location: Derby & Southampton
Responsible to: Depot Manager
Job Purpose & Requirements: To drive a Class 1 HGV vehicle, delivering goods to customers.
Category C licence is essential.
Current CPC. Essential.
ADR licence preferred but not essential.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a major Haulage company based in Southampton, Meacher’s is one of the leading independent logistics providers of international freight and transport services in the UK. We are currently looking for quality and reliable drivers with a minimum of 6 months Class 1 driving experience.
Your application is important to us and if selected will arrange for you to meet the transport manager at the relevant depot and you will be invited to take an assessment.
Whether you are a relatively new driver (minimum 180 days experience) or you are a long standing experienced driver, as long as you have the relevant skills and licences all drivers are welcome to apply for these roles.
Excellent communication skills and a fluency in English is required as you will be in constant communication with our clients customers and also other members of internal teams, it is essential you have the ability to demonstrate the highest level of professionalism at all times under any circumstance both internally or externally. You must hold a British driving license, a valid CPC and Digi card and have no more than 6 points on your license with no previous DR or DD endorsements.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Supervise the loading of the vehicle so that products are safely loaded and secured to minimise chances of damage.
- Ensure with the Loader that the load is correct against the customers’ orders and documentation.
- Ensure that on arrival the delivery is safe to make and respect customer’s property; if in doubt, consult with customer and/or Traffic Office, and use disclaimers if necessary.
- Check goods off with Customers and obtain signature and printed name.
- If any errors exist mark documentation accordingly and consult with Traffic Office as appropriate.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Handle customer issues on delivery effectively and avoid getting over involved in discussion. Contact Traffic Office for assistance as required.
- Carry out deliveries in a timely and safe manner.
- Drive the vehicle safely and in accordance with the law and SSOW.
- Drive within the tachograph law and driver hours limits.
- Look after the vehicle and ensure that it is not subjected to unnecessary damage.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the driving cab.
- Comply with fuel directives from the traffic Department.
- Ensure you comply with the company SSOW.
- Report any accidents immediately and in compliance with the company’s accident reporting procedure.
- Complete vehicle daily inspection sheet and return to the traffic office.
Hours of Work:
48 hours Guaranteed however you will need to be flexible with your working hours.
- Weekly Paid Role
- Competitive Pay Rates
- Guaranteed 48 hour week
- Overtime available
- 23 days holiday per year
- Company pension scheme
- Life insurance
For all enquiries and an application form please e-mail [email protected] with your most up-to-date CV