Job Description for Position: Freight Forwarder
Reporting to: Import Manager
You will deal with import & export entries using various CPC’s including Home Use & Bond in line with HMRC and our Bonded warehouse approval. liaise with, clients, shipping lines, 3rd parties and other forwarders alongside managing key relationships within our organisation.
- Building strong working relationships with clients / shipping lines & agents, good negotiation skills and attention to detail are essential for this role.
- Gaining a full understanding of our Bonded warehouse operation and inbound logistics.
- Ensure all import records are complete and correct prior to processing on our customs software and seek to rectify any identified errors with the relevant client.
- General forwarding and administration duties through In-house software i.e., invoicing & quotations.
- Assist with HMRC and client audits as and when required.
- Any other duties and responsibilities that may be agreed from time to time.
Skills, qualifications, and experience
- Multi modal freight forwarding background desirable but not essential as training will be provided.
Bonded warehouse experience desirable but not essential as training will be provided.
- Customs clearance experience / CFSP desirable but not essential as training will be provided.
- Possesses good IT skills and experienced in using Microsoft Office, in particular Excel.
- Good communication skills.