Join our talented team.
Meachers Global Logistics are always looking to grow our team – any positions that become available will appear here.
We currently have the following positions available:
Administration Assistant – Apprentice
Fantastic opportunity for a confident, enthusiastic individual to start their career in a fast-paced working environment learning about the all-encompassing world of Logistics. With future prospects within our logistics sector.
Duties will include, but not exhaustive:
- Actioning emails.
- Answering phone calls from internal and external sources, speaking to customers.
- Raising picks/jobs on the internal computer systems.
- Updating computer systems, processing job paperwork, filing of paperwork.
- Ad-hoc administrative support in all departments, Warehouse, Transport, Freight Forwarding when necessary.
- Excellent organisation and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good knowledge of IT.
- Willingness to learn, and good attention to detail.
- Ability to work as part of a team and autonomously, with the ability to use their initiative in a fast paced environment.
- Well-presented and polite.
- Motivated and keen to learn new skills.
- Ability to take initiative.
- Personable and friendly.
- Confident at dealing with people at all levels.
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task.
- Reliable and adaptable.
- Willingness to take on challenges.
4 GCSE’s at grades A-C (or equivalent) to include English and Maths.
Working Week: Monday to Friday 08:30 – 17:30 with an hour for Lunch
Paid Hours per week: 40
£200 for the first 12 months, after that it will be in line with the National Minimum Wage.
Candidates must apply via: https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeship/-409150
Drivers in Derby
HGV DRIVERS REQUIRED WITH IMMEDIATE START
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a major Haulage company based in Derby, Meacher’s is one of the leading independent logistics providers of international freight and transport services in the UK. We are currently looking for quality and reliable drivers with a minimum of 6 months Class 1 driving experience.
Your application is important to us and if selected will arrange for you to meet the transport manager at the relevant depot (based on your location) and you will be invited to take an assessment.
Whether you are a relatively new driver or you are a long standing experienced driver, as long as you have the relevant skills and licences all drivers are welcome to apply for these roles.
Excellent communication skills and fluent in English is required as you will be in constant communication with our clients customers and also other members of internal teams, it is essential you have the ability to demonstrate the highest level of professionalism at all times under any circumstance both internally or externally. You must hold a British driving license, a valid CPC and Digi card and have no more than 6 points on your license with no previous DR or DD endorsements.
Day Shifts & Tramping available
Start Date Immediate
Guaranteed 48 hr minimum
Weekend working / Overtime available
Must have had a Class 1 licence for 6 months
Must have a UK Driving License and ADR licence would be an advantage
No more than 6 points on the license
No DR or DD endorsements
For all enquiries and an application form please e-mail [email protected] with your most up-to-date CV